Howard Gentry serves the Metropolitan Government of Nashville as the Criminal Court Clerk of Davidson County in the Twentieth Judicial District. In this capacity, his office is responsible for performing the clerical duties (hard copy and electronic forms) for the operation of the General Sessions and State Trial Criminal Courts.
A Nashville native, Gentry was elected three times to countywide public office. He was a Metro Council member-at-large before being elected Metro Nashville-Davidson County’s first African American vice mayor. He was reelected in 2003. In 2007, Gentry was a candidate for Mayor and narrowly missed the run-off by less than 300 votes and ran again in 2015.
Annette (Strait) Herrera
- A hospital CFO
- A Shared Service Center CFO
- A Shared Service Center COO
Mark Janbakhsh - President
Mark Janbakhsh was born in Tehran, Iran, and came to the United States before the age of one. His family immigrated to Orange County, California, where he grew to appreciate diversity and culture on a grand scale.
After moving to Nashville in 1985, the Janbakhsh family embarked on their Tennesseean entrepreneurial journey, paving the way for Mark and his brother to follow in their footsteps of being business owners and visionaries. Mark graduated from David Lipscomb University with a Political Science degree and immediately dove into the Nashville marketplace. Mark, after having owned various businesses, branched out into Radio when he purchased TBLC Media. In 2010, Mark and his wife, Diane, began the work of the Hispanic family foundation. They saw the needs of the growing Hispanic community in Nashville and the surrounding areas and decided that they could make a difference by giving back and creating outreach opportunities.
- Past Tennessee representative to the American Urological Association
- Past President of the Kidney Foundation
- Past Board Member of the Cancer Society
- Past Chairman of Tennessee Lithotripsy which went public (NASDAQ)
- Current Board Member of Cheekwood Botanical Gardens, and Lea Rose Residence for Seniors
- Current Board Member of Cumberland University, EDP Biotech, and BioPet VetLab
- Awarded three Honorary Doctorate Degrees: the University of Memphis, Trevecca Nazarene University, and Cumberland University
- Married to Mary Spalding, 2 daughters, Alice and Ashley, and 3 grandchildren
Susana Vasquez - Treasurer
Susana Vasquez serves on the board of the Hispanic Family Foundation as the treasurer. Susana is a first-generation Mexican-American and she has a passion for the Hispanic community. She moved to Nashville with her parents in 1996 and loves living in Tennessee.
Susana currently works as the operations manager at Plaza Mariachi. When she isn't working, she loves to spend time with her son and read.